Sunday 17 August 2014

Healthy Thinking Day 27 - Salty crack, Light up my life

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend filled with blessings and the anointing of God as you met with him face to face at church.

Matthew 5:13-16The Message (MSG)

Salt and Light

13 “Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
14-16 “Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

This scripture is what I had on my heart this morning as I was meditating on what to share with the blog today. This is combined with an unbridled passion to see justice in Iraq. I had to ask myself this morning if I was there as a Christian and had kids, would I face the cost of death because my saviour died for me of would I fail him. I guess its easy to say that I would stand against it and die for my belief, but I think of Peter at that moment when he was faced with the same situation he denied Jesus and ran.

My friends We need to pray for the safety of our Christian brothers and sister as well as the salvation of there oppressors. Let me be frank!!!!! God loves the Muslim as much as he loves the Christian. He loves the drug addict as much as the man who has never touch drugs.

You may ask what being the salt and light has to do with what's happening in Iraq right now and I dare say it has everything to do with it. Our Christian family are living as the salt and light. If they weren't they would not have been targeted.

Let me challenge all who read this today to pray for justice in Iraq as well as the salvation of all the Iraq residence. that they may know Jesus Christ as their own personal Lord and Saviour. May they have an encounter with him.

I love you much.

Now go be the salt and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment