Wednesday 13 August 2014

Healthy Thinking Day 24 - Cheese Boy Blues

Today I am starting the blog with a TV ad announcers voice.

Are you frustrated with your day to day living. Does the call of God on your life seem to far away or even impossible??? Well here at Blessed Life SA we have good news for you. We are offering an unlimited package of Grace!

All jokes aside I really felt on my heart today to encourage those who might be struggling to see the call of God fulfilled upon there lives or maybe it seems so unreal or big that it might not be possible.
Lets have a look at David.

 Before King David was king, he was a cheese delivery boy, a messenger, a shepherd, loin and a bear killer. As the youngest in his family he was tasked with looking after the sheep. Some may think that its not to serious of a job but I can guarantee you if I meet with a lion whilst looking after the sheep and the choice was between me or the sheep id hand the sheep over. David was very different as he defended the sheep from both the lion and the bear. even in all of the he was still humble as he went about his business. After David was anointed as king he didn't just walk into the palace and take up the thrown. He was placed in the service of the current king. 1 Samuel 16.  David was sent to deliver grain and food to his brothers and cheese to the brother commander and at that point the lion killing shepherd became a giant killing hero. His journey to kingship didn't end there ether, he walked a tough road to becoming king.

To make this very long story short I want to encourage you that your already walking in your calling. David's vocation never changed. He was a shepherd of sheep that went to being a shepherd of men. the point was that he did it all to glorify God. I encourage you today to look at your now and say that I'm living my calling. If you get that right you can look forward to the time where you become the king that God has called you to be.

Be the best shepherd now!

Now Go!

Love you much.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts as I would love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment